Friday, March 18, 2011

Electric sunroof dismantle

The sunroof didn't work when I picked up my 74 Tii a month ago. Today, my brother in law and I took apart the factory installed electric sunroof.

I am considering converting it to a hand crank sunroof. But I feel like electric makes it pretty unique. Thoughts? I am trying to keep this car completely stock, but would an electric sunroof be considered stock? See the pictures below and tell me what you think.

The car up on jacks in my tiny city garage.


With the sunroof removed we found quite a bit of surface rust.


The metal square on the left is the metal track for the bottom of the sunroof flanked by torn bits of headliner.



Who ever wired the electric sunroof did a pretty crappy job. Duct tape?! Really?



The motor out. I figure I will hook it up to a 9V and see if it works. If not. Not sure what I should do. Convert it to a hand crank sunroof? But I feel like electric makes it pretty unique.

No comments:

Post a Comment